We are pleased to introduce the newest liveaboard in the Solomon Islands. Built in 2004, Taka is a custom designed diving vessel with 12 cabins accommodating up to 24 guests and a crew of 12 including your dive team, skipper, boat crew and chefs.
Inside she boasts a huge lounge and dining area with DVDs, large TVs and a dedicated camera area for our photographer guests. Spend time sharing your photos from your adventure, reading a book from our library or just hanging out in air conditioned comfort.
Prefer to lounge outside, no worries, there is plenty of room. Up top we have a large sun deck complete with loungers where you can catch some sun as the world goes by. On our second deck, we have an expansive covered seating area where you can sit back and relax without any worry about UV rays.
The dive deck has a toilets, freshwater showers & freshwater rinse bins for equipment. Each station has ample storage for your equipment above and below your station. Two ladders access the dive platform provide easy access to and from the water. Most dives are done directly off the dive deck with a tender in the water for additional safety. Photography facilities are excellent.
- Custom designed to provide superb dive and guest facilities. Excellent comfort and privacy with spacious relaxation areas.
- Open dive deck, with the majority of dives done off the back of the boat.
- Two large skiffs for pick ups and tours.
- Heavy steel, mono hull design maximizes stability and comfort.
- Long range capabilities allow for 7 days of continuous steaming.
- Equipped with 2 desalination units for unlimited water production.
- 12 person attentive crew.
- Comfortable cabins, all upper deck cabins have private en-suites.
- Large sundeck with optional shade cover.
- Nitrox available.
- Fully air-conditioned.
- Hot water showers on the back deck.
- Built in 2004
- Size - 30m x 8m
- Top speed -12 knots
- Cruising speed - 11 knots
- 1800 HP MTU 2000 v12 engine
- 2 x 150 KW Cummins generators
- 2 x Bauer dive tank compressors
- 12 & 15 litre aluminium scuba tanks with INT valves
- Enriched air nitrox
- Electricity - 240V 24 hours per day
- Water capacity - 30,000 litres
- Fuel capacity - 20,000 litres
Navigation, Safety Features...
- 2 x 25 HP Yamaha 5m dive dinghy
- Life raft
- Global positioning system
- UHF radios
- Satellite telephone
- First aid box
- Life jackets throughout
- Search light
- Fire detectors and extinguishers throughout
- Emergency lighting
- Bilge pump alarm