Liveaboard Trip Director(s)
Solomon Islands Dive Expeditions, based out of Honiara, is the newest dive liveaboard in the South Pacific, exploring the pristine and unspoilt waters of the Solomon Islands. We are currently expanding our team and are looking for a couple to manage our liveaboard operation and create an exceptional guest experience for our clients.
Manage and direct all operations of the dive liveaboard including
- Dive operations and guest services
- Supervise all local staff including engineering and master’s teams
- Manage kitchen and chef services
- Lead safety and emergency procedures
- Maintain accounting and financial records for the operation
The position is open to single applicants, male or female, or to a couple – however our ideal candidates will be a stable couple with liveaboard experience.
- Current Instructor status
- Exceptional guest relations and hosting capabilities
- Experience in managing small teams of staff essential
- Previous liveaboard experience is critical
- Captain or Master experience a plus
- Mechanical skills (boat engines, compressors and gear servicing) is ideal
- Strong administrative and communication skills with solid computer literacy skills in MS Office Suite
- Ability to work independently
- Means to relocate to a small island in the South Pacific and commit to a minimum contract of one year
- Experience living in remote and isolated locations
- Have passion for people and the dive and tourism industries
- Fluent in English, being able to converse in Pacific Pidgin a major advantage!
Should you find this is a good fit for you and you meet the requirements, please forward the following:
- Your Resume/CV including work history and current employment for the last 5 years at minimum,
- Professional photo and references (or the ability to provide them) from your past employers;
- Cover letter indicating salary expectations and why this opportunity would be a good fit.
Email all the above to: email@example.com